Compiling the ClassLibrary

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Hi,
thx for making this source code available. Your project does not seem to be compatible with VS2012.
I am trying to build a new WPF application from scratch. I have the following problem using your source code:
It seems like that some objects are missing. Please have mercy with me ;) I am primarily an AX functional consultant with "classic" x++ experience. I am not very familiar with the "Microsoft" development stack.
Issue #1
Issue #2

appreciate your help!
Aug 26, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Hi Kim,

At the moment Dynamics AX 2012 will only work with Visual Studio 2010. You need a VM that contains the AX client development tools installed (to allow VS2010 to browse and include the AOT artifacts).

Also, this is quite an advanced WPF project. If you are new to using WPF within Dynamics then you should start off with something a little more bite-size. I suggest looking at the following tutorial which initially got me started: http://dev.goshoom.net/en/2011/10/tutorial-wpf-user-control/

Regards

Khalid
Aug 26, 2013 at 9:03 PM
got it... Works like a charm!
Thx so much!!
Sep 9, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Khalid,
Great work on this. I was also curious about the WPF reporting you were working on in your blog about 6 months ago. Could you post the code for that somewhere or send it to me? I am especially interested in how you pass the report data to the control.
Thanks